4 DAYS IN ASCOLI - A CULINARY TRIP
Historical Towns, local producers, and typical products… these are the keywords. Enjoy authentic Italy and allow the locals to uncover you the secrets of the ancient culinary traditions of Le Marche.
- DISCOVER CENTRAL ITALY AS AN AUTHENTIC REGION WHERE TRADITIONS AND NATURAL LANDSCAPES ARE A TREASURE TO BE PRESERVED;
- POSSIBILITY TO DISCOVER ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HISTORICAL SQUARES IN ITALY: PIAZZA DEL POPOLO IN ASCOLI PICENO AND ITS HISTORICAL TRAVERTINE MONUMENTS;
- SEE THE ROLLING HILLS OF LE MARCHE FROM THE COUNTRYSIDE TO THE COAST;
- POSSIBILITY TO HAVE PERSONAL PRIVATE GUIDE IN FRENCH, ENGLISH AND GERMAN;
- VISIT AND TASTE LOCAL PRODUCTS AND BUY THEM FROM THE LOCAL PRODUCERS;
- LIVE AS A LOCAL…TRY THE EXPERIENCE OF BECOMING A PASTA MAKER WITH A LOCAL PRODUCER REPRODUCING THE SAME TRADITIONAL PROCESS MADE IN THE PAST BY THE OLD LADIES IN CAMPOFILONE;
- TASTE AND DISCOVER THE FLAVOURS OF THE LOCAL EXCELENCES OF THIS REGION;
- FLEXIBILITY TO MODIFY PROGRAMS AND SERVICES UPON YOUR NEEDS.
DAY 1: Arrival at the 4* hotel in Ascoli Piceno;
DAY 2: Breakfast is followed by a tour of Ascoli, which many call a “volume of art history to consult in the open air”, and there is no doubt it is a display of extraordinary wealth of monuments and styles dating back to different eras. However, Ascoli is also the “town of the hundred towers” and white travertine. This material embellishes the central Piazza del Popolo, an open-air lounge in the historical downtown, which also hosts several jewels of local culture such as the Cathedral. In the afternoon you will have the chance to enjoy the first cooking class of the tour in an exclusive location in the historical center, with a chef who will guide you step by step: which olives to choose, how to pit the olives, how to fill them and how to fry. At the end of the cooking class you will taste what you have prepared, accompanied by a glass of good wine! Before we say goodbye to you, we will give you the printed recipe to take home with you.
DAY 3: Today you will visit a local traditional pasta workshop in Campofilone, the hometown of the ancient culinary tradition “Maccheroncini” of Campofilone. Even today the Company is still reproducing the same traditional process to make egg pasta as it was made in the past by the old ladies of the Campofilone village. Here you have the opportunity to learn how to cook this kind of pasta with a local! Following the cooking show you will also have lunch with a food tasting of Maccheroncini. In the afternoon the tour continues to Fermo. The heart of the town is the magnificent Renaissance Piazza del Popolo, formerly Piazza Grande, where there is the sixteenth century Palazzo dei Priori where you can find the Municipal Art Gallery, boasting valuable paintings of the Venetian and Marche schools and the "Nativity" by Rubens. Other things to visit are the underground roman pools and the Girfalco hills with its Cathedral… without forgetting to enjoy the panoramic view over the countryside! Go back to the hotel.
DAY 4: Breakfast. End of services.
For information or request please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +39 0721967941
ON REQUEST: Transfer and transports (hire car driver, car rental, coach car rental), organized guided tours, tour leader on site, booking of meals at local restaurants, extension of the tour with other experiences like trekking activity, sailboat tours on Conero Coast, yoga, hiking, daily bike tours, cooking class experience with a local chef!
Our guides, will welcome guests dressed in medieval clothes and they will accompany them on an exciting tour of the Castle of Mondaino. This kind of experience is also possible during summer in the village of Mondavio.