LIVE LIKE A LOCAL: 8 DAYS AMONG VILLAGES AND ARTISANS
A travel inside the Marche inlands…immerse yourself in the green hills where you can live a unique experience as a local inhabitant. Inside a farmhouse the local chef will guide you through a four meetings course of local cooking with different menus, in some villages you will meet the local artisans and discover the secrets of the local ancient jobs… The only thing that the traveler has to do is to identify himself with this reality and experience it firsthand.
- A TRAVEL EXPERIENCE IN WHICH YOU GET KNOW HOW A MARCHIGIANO LIVES, STARTING FROM THE COUNTRY HOUSE THAT WILL HOST YOU FOR GETTING IN TOUCH WITH THE LOCAL PRODUCERS;
- DISCOVER THESE HILLS AS A SHELTER WHERE THE AUTHENTICITY OF INHABITANTS, PLACES AND WORKS ARE TREASURES THAT ARE STILL PRESERVED TODAY;
- DISCOVER ASCOLI PICENO AS AN OPEN MUSEUM, PIAZZA DEL POPOLO IS CONSIDERED AS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SQUARES IN ITALY;
- DISCOVER THE LOCAL TYPICAL PRODUCT WHICH IS DIRECTLY SHOWN BY THE LOCAL PRODUCERS WHO WILL OPEN THE DOORS OF THEIR COMPANIES TO SHOW YOU HOW THEY PASSIONATELY AND PATIENTLY MANAGE TO KEEP ON GOING WORKS THAT HAVE BEEN HANDED DOWN FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION;
- 4 COOKING CLASSES WITH THE CHEF OF THE COUNTRY HOUSE WHO WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH TYPICAL FLAVORS OF THE AREA WITH DIFFERENT MENUS FOR EACH COOKING LESSON;
- POSSIBILITY TO BUY TYPICAL PRODUCTS DIRECTLY FROM THE LOCAL PRODUCERS AND FOR THE MOST CURIOUS THE OPPORTUNITY TO TRY TO MAKE THE TOMBOLO LACE AND CERAMIC VASES WITH AN EXPERT GUIDE;
- DISCOVER FRASASSI CAVES, THE LARGEST UNDERGROUND KARST SYSTEM OF EUROPE AND SOME OF THE BIGGEST NATURAL UNDERGROUND SPACES IN THE WORLD;
- FLEXIBILITY TO CHANGE THE PROGRAM AND SERVICES ACCORDING TO YOUR NEEDS.
DAY 1: Arrival and check-in at the country house. Free time at your leisure to explore the surroundings or relax by the pool.
DAY 2: After breakfast you will take a visit to Ascoli Piceno. Discover its ancient streets, historic buildings, the craft shops along the streets and the restaurants where you can taste the famous Ascolana-style olives and the typical Anisetta Caffè at the Meletti Bar. Piazza del Popolo is an excellent starting point to discover Ascoli which is defined as the city of 100 towers and travertine. In the afternoon return to Ortezzano for a short tour of this charming little town with a ninth century watchtower.
DAY 3: Today you will discover Offida, a picturesque Medieval village enclosed in perfectly preserved walls dating back to the 12th century. Among the many cultural gems, there is certainly the Serpente Aureo Theater, a real jewel of the Baroque period, housed inside the Palazzo Comunale. Offida is also known for its wine production as well as for the creation of lace. From the historical center you can then continue with a visit to an artisan lace craftshop. In the afternoon you will enter the kitchen of the country house for the first meeting with the chef! Together you will prepare the first menu with the possibility to eat your creation for dinner.
DAY 4: After breakfast you will dedicate the first part of the day to the exploration of Frasassi Caves, a masterpiece of nature with the presence of huge stalactites, streams and underground lakes. Open to the public in 1974, they involved more than 10 million tourists. The visit lasts approximately 70 minutes, with the possibility for enthusiasts and experts of speleological and adventurous routes. In the afternoon you return in the kitchen of the country house where you will have fun with the chef preparing the second menu. You will have dinner with what you have cooked.
DAY 5: Breakfast and departure for Montottone. A soft and generous nature characterized by green valleys, a historic center enclosed between ancient walls, cozy and intact homes in their original structure offer a unique, unrepeatable panorama. Known for centuries in the district for the processing of clay, it is also called “lu paese de li coccià”. It is not known who introduced this activity but from historical sources it appears that it was already present between 1200 and 1300. This tradition is still maintained today and through the visit of a craftsman's workshop we will show you how the vases are still worked today as in the past. In the afternoon return to the country house for a cooking class with a completely different menu! Dinner with what has been created.
DAY 6: Today you will visit the lovely town of Fermo. The Renaissance style can be glimpsed starting from the historic center of Piazza del Popolo surrounded by historic buildings such as "Palazzo Priori" where you will find the Art Gallery which houses masterpieces of art from the Marches and Venice and some works by Rubens. From the highest point of the city you can admire the Cathedral as well as a suggestive view towards the countryside and the Adriatic coast. Afterwards you will visit a cellar near Fermo that produces Pecorino and Passerina wine (typical of this area). After a guided tour of the vineyards and cellar, there will be a brunch with typical products and wine produced by the company. In the afternoon you will take the last cooking lesson with the chef. Following, a dinner to taste what you have learnt to create during the cooking class!!
DAY 7: This is a free day day to spend at your leisure. You can relax by the pool or you could take advantage of the day to discover by your own the surrounding villages of Monte Rinaldo with its Roman remains or Petritoli for its scenic views of Valdaso.
DAY 8: Breakfast. End of services.
ON REQUEST: Transfer and transports (hire car driver, car rental, coach car rental), organize guided tours, tour leader on site, booking of meals in local restaurants, possibility to extend the tour with other visits or experiences like trekking activity with an environmental guide, sailboat tours on Conero Coast or hiking.
For information or request please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +390721967941