Historical theatres, extraordinary performances to delight your eyes and ears with…UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE sites and genuine local cuisine – the perfect Italian holiday for an Opera lover.
· LIVE OPERA EVENTS INSIDE THE 18th CENTURY THEATRE OF PESARO AND THE UNIQUE OPEN-AIR SPHAERISTERIUM OF MACERATA;
· MIXED EXPERIENCE: NOT JUST OPERA, BUT ALSO HISTORICAL TOWNS AND TRADITIONAL FOOD;
· POSSIBILITY TO DISCOVER A STUNNING EXAMPLE OF THE RENAISSANCE IN MARCHE REGION LIKE URBINO: A TOWN RECOGNIZED AS UNESCO HERITAGE;
· DISCOVER CENTRAL ITALY AS AN AUTHENTIC REGION WHERE TRADITIONS AND NATURAL LANDSCAPES ARE TREASURES TO BE PRESERVED;
· SEE THE ROLLING HILLS OF MARCHE FROM THE COUNTRYSIDE TO THE COAST;
· TASTE AND DISCOVER THE FLAVOURS OF THE LOCAL EXCELENCES OF THIS REGION;
· ON REQUEST IT IS POSSIBLE TO ADD MORE OPERA TICKETS FOR OTHER CONCERTS;
· FLEXIBILITY TO MODIFY PROGRAMS AND SERVICES UPON YOUR NEEDS.
DAY 1: Arrive in Pesaro and check-in at the hotel. Free time to discover the city / dinner.
DAY 2: After breakfast, a local guide will accompany you on a short city-tour of Pesaro. You will explore the historical centre of Pesaro with its Ducal Palace and Piazza del Popolo. Afterwards you will visit the Rossini Conservatoire, which hosts many items of Rossini memorabilia as well as the house of Gioachino Rossini where you will enjoy the ROSSINI EXPERIENCE, an audio-guided gourmet tasting. The afternoon is free to enjoy at your own leisure. You could go to the beach or relax at the spa of the hotel. Alternatively, you could take an optional trip to discover the neighboring roman city of Fano or enjoy the panoramic views from Mount San Bartolo. Dinner will be held at the hotel before attending a performance at Teatro Rossini.
DAY 3: Today you will visit Urbino, one of the best Renaissance
representations in Italy and a UNESCO
WORLD HERITAGE site! But before arriving to Urbino you will make a short
stop to a cheese factory, which
produces the famous and delicious PDO Italian cheese Casciotta d’Urbino. You can witness the various phases of milk processing
into cheese and learn about its history. At the end of the visit you will be
pleasantly surprised to have seen with your own eyes the extraordinary
production of this cheese and you will for sure enjoy tasting it!
You will then visit the historical center of Urbino, one of Italy’s fascinating towns of the Renaissance, also the birthplace of Raphael, followed by a guided tour of the magnificent Ducal Palace, which houses the National Gallery of Le Marche, with its precious paintings by Piero della Francesca, Tiziano, Paolo Uccello and Raphael. Next you will take a walk on the hill of Albornoz Fortress, one of the best spots to enjoy a magnificent view of Urbino. After a traditional lunch in an Osteria in Urbino you will go back to the hotel and enjoy a relaxing free afternoon before attending another evening performance of the Rossini Opera Festival.
DAY 4: Today you will leave Pesaro in order to arrive in Macerata and enjoy other amazing opera performances in one of the most beautiful open-air theaters in Italy. But before that, you will make a stop at an awarded winery in Morro D’Alba, where you will have the opportunity to visit the vineyards, the wine cellar and to taste some of the best wines in Le Marche accompanied by local typical products. In the early afternoon you will arrive at your hotel in Macerata. After checking-in you will enjoy a guided visit of the charming little town of Macerata.
DAY 5: Today is free for you to relax and enjoy the surroundings. Alternatively, we propose you to take an optional trip to Grotte di Frasassi, a remarkable karst cave system in the municipality of Genga. In the evening you will enjoy the first performance at Sferisterio of Macerata.
DAY 6: Today you have two options, feel free to choose the one that best fits your desires:
1. Discover the village of Recanati. Located on a suggestive hill, Recanati is the birthplace of one of the most important romantic Italian Poets, Giacomo Leopardi. The tour continues in Castelfidardo Countryside where an expert will guide you inside a local winery to discover the history of the family company and the cellar. You will have the opportunity to see the winery from the cellar to the room of wine reefing. The visit is followed by a wine and food tasting with typical products! Continue to Loreto. This city attracts every year visitors from all over the world with the Holy House. It is decorated outside with an important marble sculptural group of the Italian Renaissance (a work by Donato Bramante made on the model of "Ara Pacis" in Rome). In the afternoon you will go back to Macerata and attend the last evening performance.
2. Enjoy a full day on a sail boat discovering one of the most unique places in Le Marche, Riviera del Conero.
DAY 7: Breakfast. End of services.