What better place to share a love for food than the beautiful region of Le Marche with aperfect balance of coastal fruits of the sea, intensively farmed midlands, and the wild harvest of the mountains. Along the coast, seafood is abundantly available. Inland and north from the coast, game flourishes. Truffles grow happily on the roots of old oaks. In addition, wild boar, which ends up in marvelous ragu and sausages, fatten on the acorns of this ancient forest. Between the mountains and the sea, there are gently rolling hills rich in farro and wheat, peaches and plums, tomatoes, garlic, fennel, basil, lavender, and rosemary. On the farms, pigs, chickens, turkeys, ducks, and cattle all fatten on the grasses of Le Marche. This variety typifies the region and why it is the perfect place on earth.
Our Chef combines classical cooking techniques with home-style secrets, preparing traditional foods with a unique personal twist. Each region within Le Marche has its own distinctive cucina tipica based on tradition and local produce. Much use is made of food gathered from the wild such as, funghi, game, nuts, field herbs and wonderful truffles, the area’s greatest culinary treasure. The dishes you will cook in class depend on the availability of fresh, seasonal ingredients. On this program you will also visit a local vineyard where you’ll sample some of the area’s typical wines, and take a trip to a local oil producer’s to taste one of the best olive oil in the whole Italy. If you appreciate good, wholesome food, you will discover many gastronomic pleasures with Maritaly gastronomic tours.
This program is available throughout the year.
TOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• 5 nights in lovely Villa -
• 3 Italian cooking lessons with English assistance
• 3 dinners after the cooking lesson with selected regional wines included
• 4 meals with selected regional wines, mineral water and coffee
• 2 wine tastings
• extra virgin olive oil tasting
• Urbino guided visit with an English-
• Frasassi caves guided visit
• Truffle hunting experience with the truffle dog
• Walk in the port to buy fresh fish
• Private transfers and assistance on arrival and at departure (from and to Bologna or Ancona airport)
• Local tour director English speaking throughout
• Any item that has not been mentioned in the “Included”
• Personal expenses
• Local taxes (city taxes)
For any information or requests contact us on email@example.com